STEPPIN' OUT NON-PROFIT APPLICATION
NON-PROFIT APPLICATION FORM
The 41st annual Steppin' Out takes place on Friday, August 5 and Saturday, August 6, 2022 in Downtown Blacksburg. The festival is open from 10am-10pm on both days. Non-Profit Organizations are required to be open from 10am – 8pm on both days.
Steppin' Out is visited by 35,000-40,000 people over the two days and is consistently voted Best Community Event in the Roanoke Times and has been recognized as one of the Top Twenty events in the South East by the Southeast Tourism Society.
Downtown Blacksburg, Inc. invites your non-profit organization to participate in the community area at Steppin’ Out. The community area is where charitable groups, clubs, school teams, and associations gather to share information, attract new donors, sign up volunteers, and raise awareness for their causes. Application Process
- Submit your completed application by April 30, 2022 with a $75.00 non-refundable booth fee.
- Applications are considered as received, and booth spaces are limited. Priority will be given to those non-profit groups who are members of Downtown Blacksburg, Inc. (DBI) and have submitted their application by the deadline. Information concerning non-profit membership in our organization may be found on our website. You will be notified by June 30 of your acceptance or wait-list status.
- Downtown Blacksburg, Inc. reserves the right to refuse and application. Decisions by DBI are final. A full refund of the booth fee will be made in such instances.
- Set-up and booth assignment information will be mailed in early July.
The cost of the booth space for Non-Profit/Community Organizations is $75.00. The application deadline is April 30th, 2022. Please fill in the following details with care and good luck from the Steppin' Out Team!
- Each booth is approximately 10' wide by 10' deep. Anything over 12' high must be approved by DBI.
- Each organization is limited to one booth space.
- All activities must be contained within your booth space. This includes giveaways, stickers, buttons, etc.
- Booths with sound systems for background music are asked to keep the volume low to keep the peace between neighbors and not conflict with on-stage performances.
- Festival hours are 10 am to 10 pm but the Community Connection closed down at 8 pm. Please keep your booth open from 10 am to 8 pm.
- As a safety precaution, you will not be allowed to drive in to the festival area until after 10 pm on Saturday evening.
- All raffle drawings and prizes must be pre-approved by DBI.
- You are not allowed to give away or sell t-shirts.
- No food sales are permitted.
- To maintain our Virginia Green Event status, balloons are not permitted.
- Contact Downtown Blacksburg, Inc. at 540-230-7761 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.